Welcome to the practice of Philip J. Berent M.D.
My mission is to diagnose, treat and to help maintain all patients in a state of stable and progressive physical, emotional, social and spiritual health while respecting the divergent views and life experience of all patients. My aim is to be available to my patients and quickly respond to their concerns. This entails employing all of my skills, knowledge and experience.
Special Interest and Expertise:
- General Adult Psychiatry (Board Certified );
- Adolescent and Child Psychiatry (Board Certified);
- Heart centered Hypnotherapy;
- Holographic Memory Resolution for Traumatic States;
- Diagnostic Evaluations for schools and instructions;
- Consultations to MD`s, psychologists, social workers, involving ongoing case management and supervision;
- Long term individual Dynamic psychotherapy;
- Short term- psychotherapy, behavioral, family psychotherapy;
- Attention Deficit and Oppositional disorder;
- Pediatric Bipolar Disorder;
- Acute stabilization of major psychiatric symptoms;
- 604(b)-Court evaluations for custody, recommendations regarding visitation, parental and child
- Mental Health
My patients have my cell phone. I prefer texting for its most rapid response. Return of messages is usually with 24 hours.
I am also available by e-mail.
I do tele-psychiatry sessions via SKYPE.
I am dedicated to providing my patients with the best treatment options available. I have chosen to be an out of network doctor and do not accept insurance. Having a cash-based practice gives me the flexibility and freedom to tailor a treatment plan that best serves each individual patient.